Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Nested Transactions, Abort All
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

> It seems anonymous savepoints really don't buy us anything.  They don't
> match the Oracle behavior, and don't do anything more than nested
> transactions. I agree we want them, but I don't see the value they add
> value right now.

Anonymous Savepoints == Nested Transactions

This issue is whether we're going to use a PostgreSQL-specific, non-standard,
syntax for NTs, or use a syntax that puts us on the road to implementing
spec-compliant savepoints.

Given that the functionality is exactly the same in either case, I don't see
why you would want to implement syntax which is 100% Postgres-specific.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco