Re: High-Profile Advocacy Opportunity: Vbulletin - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: High-Profile Advocacy Opportunity: Vbulletin
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> INSERT with multiple values can't be that hard -- it's never been
> implemented because there has been no real push for it.  I don't foresee
> it being implemented in any short term future.

How hard it'd likely be depends on whether you'd want to just do it for
INSERT or actually fully handle VALUES. AFAICS values can be used as a
<query expression> which means as the body of table subqueries, on either
side of UNION/EXCEPT/INSERSECT and other such places in addition to its
usage in INSERT.