Re: postgres on SuSE 9.1 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bernard Clement
Subject Re: postgres on SuSE 9.1
Date
List pgsql-general
After a bit more of search, pg_hba.conf seems to be in /var/lib/pgsql/data
under SuSE 9.0.

The following was the steps I used to find the location:
1- Look in /etc/rc.d/postgresql for some clue.  It points to /etc/sysconfig/
postgresql
2- Look in /etc/sysconfig/postgresql and another clue is "~postgres/data"
3- Hum! the ~postgres means the home of the user postgres.  Look into /etc/
passwd to find the home of the user postgres and it is /var/lib/pgsql
4- Effectively under /var/lib/pgsql there is a directory called data which
contains the file pg_hba.conf.

I am using 9.0 right now but this was true for previous version of SuSE as
well.  Therefore, I would assume that that it will be in the smae place in
9.1

Bernard