Re: table content transfer from mysql to postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bill Moran
Subject Re: table content transfer from mysql to postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
brijesh@divinetaccess.com (brijesh) wrote:

> Sir,
> I am a development engineer in network application
> I have a problem regarding upgrading my database
> the problem is how do I transfer the contents from one table in a
> database from one server to postgresql database table in another
> server.
> the data contents is in few MB.
> can you suggest me an easy way to do so?
> regards
> Brijesh Shetty

You could write a script in any number of languages that supports both
Postgres and MySQL, perl and PHP come to mind, although I'm sure there are
far more than those two.

You could also use the mysqldump program with the proper switches to produce
SQL standards-compliant SQL insert statements and then pipe the resultant
SQL script into Postgres.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies