Re: Nested transactions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Nested transactions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 10:57:45AM -0300, Cassio Polpo de Campos wrote:

> I know nested transactions did not work on that versions, but this
> is exactly what I want to know. What happens if I put nested begins,
> commits, etc? Suppose we have the following:
>
> begin work
> begin work
> commit
> commit

You'll get a warning in the second begin saying that you already are in
a transaction, and nothing will happen.  The first commit will commit,
and the second one will get another warning saying that you are not on a
transaction and there's nothing to commit.

"Siempre hay que alimentar a los dioses, aunque la tierra esté seca" (Orual)