Re: PostgreSQL pre-fork speedup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From sdv mailer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL pre-fork speedup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I don't think I can volunteer on this end as I am
already actively volunteering for another open
project. I was hoping someone could take up on this
since one of the last threads mentionned we don't have
something substantial to present for 7.5 if June 1 is
dateline for code freeze. Pre-fork came to mind. :-)

As for proof of concept, I think pgpool from Tatsuo
Ishii is a good indication that pre-fork works. I'll
try to see if I can generate some benchmarks using
pgpool on my Linux.

PgPool is a server-side connection pool/load
balancer/replicator that implements pre-fork but
because it acts as a proxy there is 7% to 15% overhead
according to his README file.

http://www.mail-archive.com/pgsql-general@postgresql.org/msg44082.html