Re: SET WITHOUT CLUSTER patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: SET WITHOUT CLUSTER patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >>Now, I have to change that relation_expr to qualified_name.  However,
> >>this causes shift/reduce errors. (Due to ALTER TABLE relation_expr SET
> >>WITHOUT OIDS.)
> >
> > Well, seems like what you have to do is leave it as relation_expr
> > as far as bison is concerned, but test in the C-code action and error
> > out if "*" was specified.  (Accepting ONLY seems alright to me.)
>
> Actually, it occurs to me that the SET WITHOUT CLUSTER form CAN recurse.
>    Should I make it do that, even though the CLUSTER ON form cannot?

I just thought about this.  CLUSTER is more of a storage-level
specification, rather than a logical one.  Seems it is OK that WITOUTH
CLUSTER not recurse into inherited tables, especially since the CLUSTER
command does not.

Pennsylvania19073