Re: Index on computed column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Index on computed column
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 12:48:42PM -0700, Han Holl wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing wrong:
> (The first select is to show that the function rubriek exists, and does work).
> I want to create an index on a computed column:

Functional indexes could not have constants in 7.3; you can build a
wrapper function with the constant embedded, and create an index using
the wrapper function.

Or you can just use 7.4.

"La virtud es el justo medio entre dos defectos" (Aristóteles)