Re: OSCon Update - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: OSCon Update
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Greg,

> That's not a State of the Union address, that's a presentation. The former
> (last year for every project except PG) was presented at night, to the
complete
> audience of 2000 attendees, the press, etc. The latter is in a small room,
> competing with many other presentations in other rooms, given to people who
> actively seek out the room and want to listen to the talk. Night and day,
and
> I think it is a large loss to the community if we do not get the chance to
speak
> to the entire convention as was offered last year.

No chance at this point, I'm afraid.   They felt that the "state of" addresses
were poorly attended and not well liked last year, so they're cancelling
them ... except for Larry Wall's, pretty much becuase he's such an
entertaining speaker.

You could raise the issue for next year, but you'll have to argue with the
OSCON committee.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions