Re: Analysis/Overview of PostgreSQL and SQL2003 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Subject Re: Analysis/Overview of PostgreSQL and SQL2003
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-04-14 at 15:17, elein wrote:
>
>>Is anyone working on an analysis of where PostgreSQL
>>meets, deviates and exceeds the new SQL2003 standard?
>>
>>If not, I'm going to work on one, but I don't want
>>to re-invent the wheel. If someone else has done some
>>of this or wants to do some of this it would be
>>better to work together.
>>

> not sure but I think Troels Arvin has done some comparison, you might
> want to contact him directly as I am  not sure he follows these lists.
>

>>The goal is publication on General Bits and techdocs.
>>There is also the possibility of publishing a version in
>>other more marketing oriented venues.
>>

> Any plans to update the docs as well?
>
> Robert Treat

Elein,

The source package contains an overview of features (ANSI vs. Pg).
However, it is not SQL 2003 yet. Still, I think it can be updated easily.

[hs@fedora postgresql-7.4.2]$ vi src/backend/catalog/sql_features.txt
[hs@fedora postgresql-7.4.2]$ vi
src/backend/catalog/sql_feature_packages.txt

    Best regards,

        Hans

--
Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig
Schoengrabern 134, A-2020 Hollabrunn, Austria