notify and leaks? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Theodore Petrosky
Subject notify and leaks?
Date
List pgsql-sql
I am using postgresql as the backend to a job tracking
system. My front app is running only on Mac OS X.

I have been using notifications from postgresql to
tell my user if the current record they are looking at
has  been updated by someone else. Obviously I am only
'listening' when a user is looking at a particular
job.

I am concerned about usage of the listen and unlisten.
How does the backend know if my app didn't quit
unexpectidly? I mean I don't think my app has ever
crashed :)... and I do make sure if the user quits
that I close the connection. But I have a few users
that are using laptops on a wireless network. We are
in a building in manhattan and not infrequently the
wireless connection is lost.

After all this conversation.. I guess my question is..
am I leaking 'listens' if I don't close them properly?
I only created a few users and most of the connections
are from one of the user accounts. I do not have
separate user accounts.

Is this a problem waiting to bite me later?

Ted