Re: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost (was: Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Re: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost (was: Re:
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Yes, I did add such an entry to pg_hba.conf:

local       MYDB      otis  md5

However, how secure is that?
Is this considered secure?

I suppose that if a cracker has broken into the DB server, he can
always damage the DB by removing DB files, or he can steal them by
copying DB files, and does not need to connect to DB as a client.

But still.... is this considered secure?

Thanks,
Otis