Re: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost (was: Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Marques
Subject Re: No pg_hba.conf entry for host localhost (was: Re:
Date
List pgsql-general
El Mié 24 Mar 2004 10:25, ogjunk-pg@yahoo.com escribió:
> Hello,
>
> Yes, I did add such an entry to pg_hba.conf:
>
> local       MYDB      otis  md5
>
> However, how secure is that?
> Is this considered secure?
>
> I suppose that if a cracker has broken into the DB server, he can
> always damage the DB by removing DB files, or he can steal them by
> copying DB files, and does not need to connect to DB as a client.
>
> But still.... is this considered secure?

It will ask for a password, so I think it's secure. Another thing would be if
you had it as trusted.

--
 11:29:01 up 15 days, 16:00,  4 users,  load average: 0.24, 0.07, 0.06
Martín Marqués        | select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar'