Question on stored functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gunjeet Singh
Subject Question on stored functions
Date
Re: Question on stored functions
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I could only find support for defining functions in pl/pgsql.
With a function I can have only one return value. What if I need
to have multiple OUT parameters (i.e multiple return values) ?
Is there any support for something that is similar to an Oracle
stored procedure ?

I understand that I can return a REFCURSOR from a postgres function,
but my question is for a case, say, where I need to return 2 string
variables/values based on some logic in addition to a REFCURSOR.
How do I do that in pl/pgsql ?

Thanks,

Gunjeet