A simple question (under pressure :-)).... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Wells
Subject A simple question (under pressure :-))....
Date
Re: A simple question (under pressure :-))....
List pgsql-general
Guys,

I have approx. 8 hours to finish a deadline, so I can no longer spend time searching google...haven't found the answer
yet.

In PG, is there not a way to select amongst databases?

In other words, if I have one schema called sch1 and another called sch2, and I'm connected to sch2, could I not do:

select fieldname from sch1.tablename

I'm running 7.2.3, so I think there was no such things as a schema in this release...just a database, but can't recall.

It seems I've been able to do this in the past, but I may be remembering wrong.

Thanks!
John