Re: wishlist: dynamic log volume control - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed L.
Subject Re: wishlist: dynamic log volume control
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday February 19 2004 9:13, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > The 7.3.4 doc (doc/html/runtime-config.html) does say the
> > log_connections option can only be set at server start or in the
> > postgresql.conf configuration file.  That seems a little ambiguous on
> > the SIGHUP'ability of that option.  My 7.3.4 install here shows all the
> > log_* options are dynamically reloadable.
>
> The issue is that you can't set log_connections from psql.  Should we
> improve the doc wording?

Ah, I had no idea that was the issue.  Maybe a quick reference
table in the docs would be helpful:

Option             SET option      Reloads on SIGHUP
shared_buffers         no                 no
log_connections        no                 yes
log_statement          yes                yes

Maybe it's already in there somewhere, I dunno.