Re: cannot use createlang after removing public schema - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: cannot use createlang after removing public schema
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 18 February 2004 19:24, Lee Harr wrote:
> I have a database where I remove the schema public. When I
> try to use the createlang script, it fails like this ...

[snip]
> DROP SCHEMA
>
> >createlang plpgsql foo
>
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  no schema has been
> selected to create in

> I read through the man page, but I do not see how to specify the
> schema to createlang ...
>
> I can add the language using the manual syntax, I am just wondering if
> there is a simple way to use the script.

What if you use CREATE LANGUAGE as an SQL statement, but after setting
search_path to the single schema you want?

Incidentally, createlang is just a script that issues SQL, so you could
probably hack that if you wanted to. Perhaps even post it as a bug with a
patch.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd