Re: Adding Functionality - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Fernando Alonso Renault
Subject Re: Adding Functionality
Date
List pgsql-general
I read about the CREATE FUNCTION command, but the problem is that i must do it the hard way (orders are orders :( ). i
learntto do it like that in mysql, by using the CREATE FUNCTION and by adding the lines to the different files, but
knowi must do it adding the lines.
i tried downloading a couple of manuals but they didn't give me any clue, ideas?

Thanks!!!

************************

That stuff defines the pg_proc table. Generally you use the CREATE FUNCTION
command to add functions. It takes care of all these details for you :)

\d pg_proc might give you some info.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:49:39AM -0500, Fernando Alonso Renault wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i'm quite a newbie using postgres 7.2 so this may be an easy question, but how do i add new funtionality? I mean, i
wannaadd a couple of new functions, and i've found this files, pg_proc.h and fmgrtab.c, but i don't know the meaning of
thefields, so i can't add anything.

> For instance, in fmgrtab.c:
>
> { 61, "chareq", 2, true, false, chareq }
>
> i know 61 is like the port or id for the function, "chareq" and chareq the name, but what about the 2, the true and
thefalse? could be that 2 is the number of arguments?