Re: Pg + perl + apache - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Pg + perl + apache
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 04:35:58PM -0500, Michael L. Artz wrote:
> I'm having some odd issues, but I'm not sure exactly the cause of them,
> but postgres is the component in the system that is throwing the errors,
> so I thought I'd start here.

<snip>
> with the corresponding postgresql.log entry being
>
> LOG:  statement: SELECT session_key FROM session WHERE user_id = 101
> ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of
> transaction block

This happens when, within a transaction gets an error, you don't notice and
keep blindly sending queries.

Scroll up to find the actual error.

If it's the first transaction in a session, that means someone forgot to
clear their transaction. I guess you could fix it then by sending "abort"
as the first query.

Hope this helps,

> If the Catholic church can survive the printing press, science fiction
> will certainly weather the advent of bookwarez.
>    http://craphound.com/ebooksneitherenorbooks.txt - Cory Doctorow

Attachment