Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: I want to use postresql for this app, but...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:06:43PM -0700, scott.marlowe wrote:
> simple.  They GPL'd their connection libs.  So, if you write code that has
> their connection libs in it, it's gotta be GPL'd.

Yes.  But you could fork from their old libs (which were, IIRC, LGPL)
and work from there.  Of course, you can't look at the new code
first, but if Compaq could clean room the IBM BIOS, it's gotta be
possible to find someone who knows nothing about this either.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland