Re: Where do I find the init-script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Where do I find the init-script
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday 09 February 2004 16:36, nednieuws | charles wrote:
> Oh, is that it. I thought they were talking about a script to init the db
> :-).
>
> They said: If you send the init script along with the dump, it's easier to
> restore the db.

Hmm - that's probably not what they want.

I'm guessing they mean the SQL to recreate the database. Normally pg_dump will
dump both the schema-creationg SQL and the data for the tables. You can
restrict this with --data-only or --schema-only.

Alternatively, pg_restore can restore only the schema or data (if you want).

Difficult to say what "they" mean - what is the context for this?
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd