Re: Where do I find the init-script - Mailing list pgsql-general

From nednieuws | charles
Subject Re: Where do I find the init-script
Date
List pgsql-general
> I'm guessing they mean the SQL to recreate the database.
> Normally pg_dump will
> dump both the schema-creationg SQL and the data for the
> tables. You can
> restrict this with --data-only or --schema-only.

That's what I do now: I dump the schema along with the data.

> Difficult to say what "they" mean - what is the context for this?

That's always with the problem with "them" :)

I guess they're having problems with the uid's not being available on their system or something like that. I told them
toread up on the help for pg_restore so we'll leave it at that until they come back with something more useful. Unless
someoneelse on the list knows what they mean.

Sorry for the confusion, I just hoped that someone would know immediately what "they" meant.

--
Regards, Charles.