Re: Run 2 versions of Postgresql on one machine? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Run 2 versions of Postgresql on one machine?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Friday 06 February 2004 18:21, Wei Wang wrote:
> Thank you all for your kind help. I have set up 7.4.1 and it's up and
> running perfectly.
> One small question that might not belong in this mailing list:
> Since all the binary commands share the same name, e.g. initdb, createdb,
> psql, etc, and the
> default path is already the 7.1.3 version. How do I come up a way to access
> binary commands of
> both versions quickly without adding absolute path infront of those of
> 7.4.1?

Make symlinks to the relevant version, so:

ln -s /usr/local/pg741/bin/psql psql741

Then you can call psql741 (although be careful with any environment
settings)..

If you don't like that, write a 2-line shell script to call the right one for
you.
--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd