Re: no space left on device - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: no space left on device
Date
List pgsql-general
> Wait... from the df you provided you have space left on the device:
>
> postgres - DB]$ df -m .
> Filesystem           1M-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> -                        63328     55308      4803  93% /
>
> Perhaps you are out of inodes?
Remember that df shows the *total* space left on the device,
especially when run as root. Some percent are reserved for
root, however, AFAIR pretty much exactly 7% in my experience,
eg. user postgres can't use them but rather sees a device
that's out of space. That may be the case here.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346