Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> 1. Yet none of you are marketers. You are developers.

Why do you say that?  I think everyone on this list is interested in
marketing (or they would not be here), and all the people involved in
this thread have already done a fair share of work for that.

> Remember all those recent threads about MySQL and their marketing
> prowess... this is what we are
> talking about. MySQL marketing doesn't happen on the frito-lay crumbs
> of a developers desk. It happens
> in rooms with whiteboards, ties, coffee, cell phone and doughnuts.

The MySQL development process is also different from ours, so why can't
the marketing process be different as well?