Re: Composite GiST indexes? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From George Essig
Subject Re: Composite GiST indexes?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>Is it possible to make a composite GiST index?  I want to create an
>>index on a txtidx and a timestamp column - is that at all possible?
>
> OK, this is what I'm trying (7.3.4):
>
> create index blah on forums_posts using gist(ftiidx, datetime);
>
> ERROR:  data type timestamp with time zone has no default operator
> class
> for access method "gist"
>          You must specify an operator class for the index or define a
>          default operator class for the data type
>
> I guess I can put an ops indicator in there, but I have no idea what to
> try using...
>
> Chris

Install contrib/btree_gist so you can include the timestamp field in a gist index.  Teodor Sigaev
suggested this on the openfts mailing list at:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=5349399

The btree_gist readme file says it supports the int2, int8, float4, float8, and timestamp data
types.

George Essig