Re: [BUGS] (Modified) Patch request for PostgreSQL 7.4 for - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [BUGS] (Modified) Patch request for PostgreSQL 7.4 for
Date
List pgsql-patches
ViSolve Open Source Team wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for the comments/questions.  A couple of points in response:
>
> 1. About the #if defined (_HP_aCC) || defined (_HP_cc)
>
> We agree.  That line can go.

OK.

> 2. About the TMPFILE definition change from .c to .h:  Unfortunately,  the -V option does not work the same way
acrossHP compilers (it works as expected with HP aCC, but not with HP cc).

> We have a couple of alternatives here.
>
> a. Using `uname` (to look for HP-UX)  and checking to see if $CPP is set to /usr/bin/cc or /opt/aCC/bin/aCC. Not
good.
> b. Doing nothing. The TMPFILE mod is a trivial change to make with each new version of PostgreSQL that we build for
HP-UX. (We had in fact suggested this in our original request email). So if  you make no changes to the TMPFILE code,
thatwill be fine too.

Shame that there is no clean solution.  Shame there some output from -V
that would identifity it as the HPUX compiler.  I am not worried about
your making a custom version, but buy folks who download the community
release and get failures.  Well, I guess we will just wait and see how
often it happens.