Re: PostgreSQL.org v3 -- Progress? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: PostgreSQL.org v3 -- Progress?
Date
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> dissertation topic (suggestions *very* welcome - it's for an MSc in IT)

Sorry, can't help -- my degree is in Fine Art.

> - the design should match what we're aiming for on the portal (the most
> common complaint I hear is that all our sites look different).
>
> - the look and feel should be centralised so we can update the design of
> the entire site by changing only a single stylesheet and template or
> similar.

Yes.   Our plan was to make jobs.postgresql.org an application within the
PostgreSQL.org CSS+"frame".   That's why we need that code before we can
proceed.  Can we decide on  a "final" CSS out of the ones presented so that
we can start work on this?

> - Ideally please use PHP/PostgreSQL as that is what most of us know.

Oh, sorry, didn't mention that?   Yes, that will be the technology employed.

> As for your pal putting his name on his work, I think that is only fair
> if he is doing the work, as long as it is not obtrusive.

Good.  I was thinking a text link at the bottom of the screen.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions