Re: email addreses on postgresql.org

From: Alvaro Herrera Munoz
Subject: Re: email addreses on postgresql.org
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

email addreses on postgresql.org  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: email addreses on postgresql.org  (Devrim GUNDUZ, )
 Re: email addreses on postgresql.org  (Paul Ganainm, )
  Re: email addreses on postgresql.org  (Larry Rosenman, )
  Re: email addreses on postgresql.org  (Alvaro Herrera Munoz, )
 Re: email addreses on postgresql.org  (Bruno Wolff III, )

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 12:59:19PM -0000, Paul Ganainm wrote:

>  says...
>
> > Instead, what about replacing @ sign with " at " ?
>
> I think that the harvesters of email addresses are well beyond that at
> this stage - they certainly have my email address and look at the way
> I've mangled it in my .sig.
>
> I have incredible amounts of spam - I'm at a loss as to what to do!

Have you tried any of the bayesian filters?  I have two watching this account
(bogofilter and spamassasin), and since september 24 I have 19800 valid
messages and 11940 spam messages.  There have been less than 20 false negatives
(they are so rare that I haven't keep track of them) and 2 false positives:
one from Amazon.com and the other from p22 type foundy, both of which
I'm subscribed to, both of which really look a lot like spam :-)

(In fact I have a third filter, home-made bayesian, but the incoming stream
has already been cleaned up by the other two, so it doesn't catch anything -
it was catching a very good percentage before the other two were installed).

Sounds impressive, doesn't it?  I am very well impressed.

HTH,

"Los dioses no protegen a los insensatos.  �stos reciben protecci�n de
otros insensatos mejor dotados" (Luis Wu, Mundo Anillo)