Re: Can I get rid of the schemas? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff Eckermann
Subject Re: Can I get rid of the schemas?
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Gerwin Philippo <gerwin@vernet.nl> wrote:
> In itself, the schema thing in version 7.4 is a good
> thing, but I'm
> migrating from a postgres/msacces combination in 7.2
> to 7.4, and I'm not to
> keen on every table in msacces appearing a
> public_<tablename>. Is there a
> way to avoid this?

I believe not.

"schema1.mytable" and "schema2.mytable" are entirely
separate entities, even though they have the same
name.  How else could they be distinguished, if not by
the schema qualification?

If you link from Access to tables in any other DBMS
that supports schemas (e.g. MS SQL Server), you will
find the same thing.