Re: Executable files in CVS - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Executable files in CVS
Date
Re: Executable files in CVS  (Philip Yarra <philip@utiba.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 06:59:45PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > Sure.  I logged into the main server machine and cd'ed to CVSROOT.  I
> > > then when to the src/bin/initdb directory, and because I didn't have
> > > permisssions, I moved initdb.c,v to another file name then copied it to
> > > the original name so I owned the file.  I then removed the execute bits
> > > from the file.  I did that for initdb.c and dirmod.c.  I then removed
> > > files from my local CVS and did a CVS update and the files no longer
> > > have execute bits.
> >
> > Um.  Can anyone else check into those files now?
>
> Looks fine in CVSup.  But in src/port I now see a file named "x" that
> appears to be the old dirmod.c,v ...

Thanks, removed.

> BTW, I can see a whole lot of files with the executable bit:
>
> find pgsql-server/ -type f -perm +0333 -ls

That command doesn't seem to work for me. I see:
 8 -r--rw-r--    1 pgsql            pgsql                2405 Nov 16 17:34 ./contrib/btree_gist/btree_common.c,v

which doesn't have execute permission.

Pennsylvania19073