Re: linking postgre to AD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Page
Subject Re: linking postgre to AD
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 06:27:01AM -0600, Jason Tesser wrote:

> I am looking into using PostgreSQL on the backend here.  I work for a Bible College.  We are putting together a
> new software package.  The database would be on a LInux box but our domain is M$ so we use active
> directory.  I saw that there is a PAM module for Postgre.  My question is with applications that will both be
> standalone and web what is teh best way for me to authenticate to active directory.  C

> Is there a Postgre function that will allow me to do this?
> Does anyone have any other ideas that will work?

I'm not quite clear what you want to do. If you want to authenticate
against an Active Directory server, then you need to talk LDAP to it,
probably using the PAM LDAP module. There's a fair amount of
documentation on this out on the interweb.

If you want to use AD for client authentication in Postgres, section
6.2.5 of the Administrator's Guide details how to use PAM for Postgres
client authentication.

Then again, I've not tried this myself...

Dave
--
Mail: Alex Page <alex.page@cancer.org.uk>
Real: Systems/Network Assistant, Epidemiology Unit, Oxford

Attachment