linking postgre to AD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jason Tesser
Subject linking postgre to AD
Date
Re: linking postgre to AD  (Mike Mascari <mascarm@mascari.com>)
List pgsql-general
I am looking into using PostgreSQL on the backend here.  I work for a Bible College.  We are putting together a
new software package.  The database would be on a LInux box but our domain is M$ so we use active
directory.  I saw that there is a PAM module for Postgre.  My question is with applications that will both be
standalone and web what is teh best way for me to authenticate to active directory.  C

Is there a Postgre function that will allow me to do this?
Does anyone have any other ideas that will work?

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Jason Tesser
Web/Multimedia Programmer
Northland Ministries Inc.