Re: question about fixes in v7.4... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: question about fixes in v7.4...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Don Sceifers wrote:
> My company is fairly new at Postgresql, but we have hit a problem, where
> we modify a table using ALTER, and our stored procedures stop working. We
> have a grasp as to why this happens, but I was wondering if this v7.4
> upgrade fixes this issue?

This is a known issue.  There is no way for us to know what stored
tables/columns you are using in your function.  You might find that
reconnecting to the database after the ALTER will fix the problem.  We
do cache function code, so reconnecting will erase that cache.

If still have problems, please report the ALTER command and function
that is causing the problem.

Pennsylvania19073