Re: commenting on polymorphic aggregates possible? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: commenting on polymorphic aggregates possible?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> COMMENT ON AGGREGATE newcnt (any) IS 'an any agg comment';
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "any" at character 30

ANY is a reserved word.  To reference the pseudotype named "any",
you need quotes:COMMENT ON AGGREGATE newcnt ("any") IS 'an any agg comment';

No doubt it would've been better to use a different name for the
pseudotype, but I think the behavior of CREATE AGGREGATE's
"basetype = 'any'" was chosen long before there was any thought of
making Postgres SQL-compliant :-(