Re: Year of the Open-Source Database - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Year of the Open-Source Database
Date
Re: Year of the Open-Source Database  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Guys,

> It is another story, which don't ask both sides - there are only
> opinions from MySQL team and they are totaly out of mind if they think

FWIW, Newsfactor is not a real "publication"; they are a news clearinghouse
for any random stringer* who wants to submit stories, and pay some tiny fee
per article (like, say, $30).  As a result, their quality control is
non-existant.

Given that the reporter didn't contact us, we're lucky we got a mention at
all.   If anyone can get the reporter's e-mail, I'd be interested in offering
our help for future articles.  Please, everyone, remember that it is never,
ever, effective to criticize a reporter.

"sub selects"  indeed!   "We all query in a yellow database, a yellow database
...." (Actually, MySQL has reason to be ticked about this article as well,
they got subselects in 4.0)

* stringer = low-paid freelance reporter.  Generally gets paid by the word or
line.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions