RC1 question of reloading data - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Theodore Petrosky
Subject RC1 question of reloading data
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I just downloaded and installed RC1 (7.4) on OSX 10.3.
Everything went smoothly for the config. make and
install.

while reloading the data (from pg_dump in 7.3) I
inadvertently screwed up. Or maybe not...

my dump file was as1.out so I...

psql < as1.out

I knew it was wrong the moment after I hit the return
as I did not specify the database (i did create it
with createdb). I did not get any error message. I
went looking to see if the data was pushed somewhere
bad like template1. But couldn't find it.

I did load my data correctly but, where did the first
set go? Did it just disappear into the ether?

Ted Petrosky