Re: [BUGS] postgresql-7.4RC1 - unrecognized privilege type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [BUGS] postgresql-7.4RC1 - unrecognized privilege type
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > <bvctravel@yahoo.com> writes:
> > >    select * from information_schema.tables;
> > >    ERROR:  unrecognized privilege type: "RERERENCES"
> >
> > > Replacing the word "RERERENCES" with "REFERENCES" in
> > > the predicate "has_table_privilege(c.oid,
> > > 'RERERENCES'::text)" near the end of the view SQL
> > > seems to correct the problem.
> >
> > Good catch.  There are two other places with the same typo :-( (all
> > copied and pasted no doubt).
> >
> > I've applied the patch but am loathe to force an initdb this late in
> > the beta cycle.  Any opinions out there?
>
> Annoying as a spelling mistake is (and, from my read of the above, that is
> all it is?), I don't thnk it warrants forcing an initdb ... unless I'm
> missing a larger scope?

It must have a larger affect than just a spelling effect if he is seeing
an error:

> >    ERROR:  unrecognized privilege type: "RERERENCES"

I now see the question Tom had was wether we force an initdb.  Seems
this query "select * from information_schema.tables;" is broken without
it.  I think we should fix it but not force an initdb ---
information_schema is new and I am not sure how many people are using
it.

Pennsylvania19073