Re: [BUGS] postgresql-7.4RC1 - unrecognized privilege type - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: [BUGS] postgresql-7.4RC1 - unrecognized privilege type
Date
Re: [BUGS] postgresql-7.4RC1 - unrecognized privilege type  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> <bvctravel@yahoo.com> writes:
> >    select * from information_schema.tables;
> >    ERROR:  unrecognized privilege type: "RERERENCES"
>
> > Replacing the word "RERERENCES" with "REFERENCES" in
> > the predicate "has_table_privilege(c.oid,
> > 'RERERENCES'::text)" near the end of the view SQL
> > seems to correct the problem.
>
> Good catch.  There are two other places with the same typo :-( (all
> copied and pasted no doubt).
>
> I've applied the patch but am loathe to force an initdb this late in
> the beta cycle.  Any opinions out there?

Annoying as a spelling mistake is (and, from my read of the above, that is
all it is?), I don't thnk it warrants forcing an initdb ... unless I'm
missing a larger scope?