Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Changes to Contributor List - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Changes to Contributor List
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Changes to Contributor List  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Changes to Contributor List  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:08:57PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> I think that list is a pretty dumb idea in the first place.  We have a
> list of developers with company names next to them.  Let readers make
> their own recognition evaluation.

I'm not sure that's all it's for.  Every time we talk about using
Postgres, people want to know who else uses it.  It's really strange,
but for some reason, people seem to believe that a product isn't any
good unless a large number of people are already using it, and that
it _is_ good if a large number of people do use it.  (I guess the idea
is that all those Windows users can't be wrong.  Oh, wait. . .)

----
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110