Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Changes to Contributor List
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Guys,

> >    We should have mountains of dead tree printables on why
> > you should use PostgreSQL and why you shouldn't use mySQL.
> > This can be done in a non-flammatory way.
>
> I think the very fact that you'd do it would be interpreted negatively by
> many people.  I talked to some other major projects at the expo who have
> obvious opponents.  They make it a policy not to do direct comparisons,
> out of respect and decency.  That's tough, but I think it's the way to go.

I for one think that we should do comparisons with *all* major databases, not
just MySQL.  In fact, maybe we should start with Oracle, DB2, or (my
favorite) MS SQL Server first.   Go where the money is, y'know?

Especially since most of (certainly not all of) the MySQL people have been
trying to patch things up lately.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions