Re: Automatic auditing suggestion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Karsten Hilbert
Subject Re: Automatic auditing suggestion
Date
Fixed field text import  (Brent Wood <b.wood@niwa.co.nz>)
List pgsql-general
> I wouldn't limit it to 10 layers deep.  That should be all user configurable.
> Some implementations would need full history audits, etc.
There's a few implementations to be found on gborg (?), using
C or plpgsql, respectively. Another one (which I wrote for
GnuMed) is in the GnuMed CVS below

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/

Ask for details if interested.

> My skill with
> triggers and plpgsql is not up to this task currently, but this is a
> suggestion for the PostgreSQL developers.
I should hope the developers spend their time on less trivial
(as long as the auditing isn't mucking with the MVCC
properties, that is) tasks. A big thanks to them for making
PostgreSQL what it is.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346