Re: Performance failure / automatic restart / cron ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Performance failure / automatic restart / cron ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Question? Why are you restarting the postmaster? If you're getting a lot of
PIDs that means you have a lot of connections open. What are you doing to
use so many connections? Did you increase the max_connections variable?

Please supply more details of your actual problem. Perhaps a 'ps aux'
output.

Hope this helps,