Re: Which is faster SQL or PL/PGSQL - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Which is faster SQL or PL/PGSQL
Date
List pgsql-sql
Joe,

> Never tried it, but is it possible to use a prepared statement inside a
> PL/pgSQL function? In any case, you can in other PLs. And with library
> preloading (starting in 7.4), the first call to other PLs is similar to
> that of PL/pgSQL. See:
>    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-07/msg00239.php

Not sure how useful it would be in my case; I'm using EXECUTE because I'm
building a dynamic query based on user input, so the query plans would need
to vary radically from run to run.

--
-Josh BerkusAglio Database SolutionsSan Francisco