Re: Create Function... ERROR: language "plpgsql" does - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Renê Salomão
Subject Re: Create Function... ERROR: language "plpgsql" does
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Thomas,

 Did you create/insert plpgsql language in your database? I guess not...

 Check your database with createlang -l YOUR_DATABASE_NAME. This should
show you the languages installed in your database. In case you don't
have it, just use createlang plplgsql YOUR_DATABASE_NAME. This should
work...
 Suggestion, if you are gonna use plpgsql a lot developing in
Postgresql, I suggest that you create the language you need in template1
(createlang LANGUAGE template1). By doing that you will automatically
create the language in your new database when issuing a createdb
NEWDATABASE, because createdb uses template1 as a template to create
your new database...

RTM createlang for more info...