Re: installation of pgAdmin3 on SuSE8.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From b-vol
Subject Re: installation of pgAdmin3 on SuSE8.2
Date
List pgadmin-support
Dear Tino,
you wrote:

> Just a word: you dont have to reboot on *nix unless
> you do kernel developement. In your case you would
> just set the variable in the current shell and or
> add it to your .bashrc, .cshrc or whatever and open
> a new shell :-)
I know, I know - it  is  habit I sometime practice.
you wrote:
> Btw: it would be nice if you can set a real name on your
> mail client.
You can address me as Tim

On  main  issue, I wrote:
I downloaded pgadmin3-1.0.0 tarball from the postgresql site.  I decompressed
the tarball and did the following:

1) I ran './configure --enable-static --enable-debug '
2.) I ran  'make all'    and  I received the following:

make[2] : *** [pgadmin3.0] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory /opt/pgadmin3-1.0.0/src
make[1]: *** [all recursive] Error 1
make[1]: leaving directory /opt/pgadmin3-1.0.0/src
make: ***[all] Error 2

Have you any ideas why the compilation is failing?
I also tried downloading the rpm for suse 8.2 from
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.php#binaries

but the effort fails half-way through on every attempt.

Suggesions welcomed
Sincerely,
Tim