Sorting questions and an SSL question - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Network Administrator
Subject Sorting questions and an SSL question
Date
List pgadmin-support
Greetings everyone,

First of all, thank you for pgAdmin III.  Its a very nice tool and I used it in
on Winblowz 2000 and I also installed it on one of my Linux laptops (Slackware9
Package).

I've got serveral questions that concern me in moving forward recommending this
tool be used.  I hoping the answer evade be because of my own ignorance.

One of the things I remember doing in pgAdmin II is that I could view the table
data and then (I think click) a column so that the data would be sorted.
However now it seems like that functional is gone altogether.  So the question
is how does one sort the data that is being viewed.  Ideally, I was hoping that
pgAdmin III would go to the next step of being able to view data in the way that
the old version of pgAccess did.  That is to say, the user could entry multiple
sort parameters (i.e. an order by clause).  Futher more a filter (i.e. where
clause) would be nice too.  I still use pgAcess on the *nix side because I can
do at least the sorting piece in their current version (though, the orginal
version had exactly what stated above).  pgAccess hasn't had a release in quite
awhile and although I haven't contacted the developers there, I've been leaning
towards using pgAdmin as the single tool I use.

In any event, I hoping this is something that I'm either missing or is in the
works for a future release.

Also, on the Slackware 9 client, the SSL drop down box is empty.  Is there
something I have to do to get the options to appear?

Thanks in advance...

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications