Re: Sorting questions and an SSL question - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Sorting questions and an SSL question
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi Keith,

Currently you cannot unfortunately. This is something I hope to
implement, but is not nearly as straightforward with wxWindows as it was
in Visual Basic.

> Ideally, I was hoping that pgAdmin III would go to
> the next step of being able to view data in the way that the
> old version of pgAccess did.  That is to say, the user could
> entry multiple sort parameters (i.e. an order by clause).
> Futher more a filter (i.e. where
> clause) would be nice too.  I still use pgAcess on the *nix
> side because I can do at least the sorting piece in their
> current version (though, the orginal version had exactly what
> stated above).  pgAccess hasn't had a release in quite awhile
> and although I haven't contacted the developers there, I've
> been leaning towards using pgAdmin as the single tool I use.

:-) I haven't used pgAccess since about 1997, so cannot comment on it's
capabilities. Entering of sort/filter parameters does seem useful
though. I'll take a look at that as well.

> In any event, I hoping this is something that I'm either
> missing or is in the works for a future release.
>
> Also, on the Slackware 9 client, the SSL drop down box is
> empty.  Is there something I have to do to get the options to appear?

So it is :-( That's odd. I'll check that out as well (you shouldn't have
to do anything).

Regards, Dave.