Re: remote psql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael A Nachbaur
Subject Re: remote psql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wednesday 01 October 2003 08:50 am, Andrew M. Olson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to access PostgreSQL remotely with psql, and I am having some
> trouble.  I am running the server with the -i option to allow Tcp-sockets
> and the pg_hba.conf is configed to let my subnet access it.  I can access
> the server locally and with the pgAdmin III on Win2K.  What is even
> stranger is that psql works remotely with the -l or -c option, but when I
> just try to connect it sits there, no errors(on the server either), no
> nothing.

What's the relevant line in your pg_hba.conf?  I had some similar problems
like this when I used a funky authentication type.  If I use "md5" the issues
went away.

--
/* Michael A. Nachbaur <mike@nachbaur.com>
 * http://nachbaur.com/pgpkey.asc

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President
should on no account be allowed to do the job."