From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Hesitate to write this: can't get at postgres.org
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 09:44:21AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
> > We run MySQL as the backend ;)
>
> Hey, that was supposed to be a secret!! *sigh*
>
> 'K guys, we now have to move to DB2, since we can't be known to be running
> MySQL :(

You just _know_ that someone is going to read all that in the
archives at some point, and conclude that it is not a joke.  And post
it to the well-known Pages of Punctuation.  And then there'll be a
million-points-of-flame war on Slashdot, and it'll cause someone to
come here and tell everyone that PostgreSQL should be licensed under
the GPL version 3, which is Better and Faster -- and Even Though It's
Not Ready Yet, It Doesn't Need Transactions, but It Has Them Anyway
[1] -- and someone else will chime in with the helpful suggestion
that it all be n-tuply licensed under the NPL, MPL, GPL, LGPL,
Artistic License, BSD, BSD with Advert Clause, Public Domained, and
also some commercial license named after a guy called Bob.

But in the hopes of preventing all that, I'm inserting this little
note: please observe the smileys.

[1] Oops, wrong flame war.

--
----